Terms and Conditions of HIRE
- For the purposes of these conditions, ‘The Company’ shall be deemed to refer to ‘Aurora Multimedia Ltd’ and ‘The Customer’ to any company, partnership and individual who shall enter into any agreement with Aurora Multimedia Ltd. This contract shall be governed by English Law.
- All equipment remains the property of the Company.
- Hire charges are based on the period of the contract irrespective of whether or not the equipment is in use.
- Hire commences upon delivery to the customer and ceases upon return to the Company. In cases where the customer assumes responsibility for collection and return, the hire commences from the time the equipment leave the Company’s warehouse and ceases when it is returned to the Company’s warehouse. Equipment is not deemed to be returned until it has been checked and inspected by an authorised member of the Company’s staff and the Company’s paperwork signed off to confirm the end of the hire.
- Equipment hired will be entirely at the Customer’s risk during the hire period and the Customer will be responsible for any loss or damage thereto however arising. The Customer undertakes responsibility for insuring equipment against ‘all risks’ to full replacement value. Any loss or damage to the equipment is to be reimbursed to the Company by the Customer to the full replacement value thereof. In the event that the damaged/lost/stolen equipment is no longer in production, the cost of replacement for a equivalent model will be charged.
- The Customer will be responsible for ensuring that any relevant regulations, rules or statutory provisions governing, or relating to, the use of the hired equipment are complied with during the period of the hire and the Company in no way assumes liability for the consequences of any non-compliance with any such regulations, rules or statutory provisions.
- Equipment will be supplied to the Customer in normal working order, the Company’s liability for any defect, or failure of the equipment hired is limited to the rectification of any defect or failure arising from normal usage. No liability will be extended by the Company for defects or failures deemed to be caused by user error, wilful damage, or neglect caused or allowed by the Customer.
- Any complaints or claims resulting from any defect or failure of the equipment hired must be first notified within 24 hours as per clause 12 below, and then followed by a formal complaint in writing to the Company within 30 days which will be deemed to be the reasonable period of time for these claims.
- The Customer undertakes to ensure that the Company’s equipment shall not be used for any purpose beyond its capacity or in any manner likely to result in undue deterioration of the equipment.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any injuries to any person or damage to property or other equipment, either owned by the Company or the Customer or a 3rd party, consequential to and arising from any improper use of the equipment by the Customer during the period of Hire, whether intended or accidental.
- Equipment must not be altered or modified by the Customer in any way. In particular, cables must not be cut and plugs and sockets must not be rewired by the Customer. In addition, no modification or alteration by a 3rd party must be allowed by the Customer. Any equipment found to have been modified or in any way altered, and any cables or components found to have been damaged by cutting or attempts at modification will be charged with the full cost of repair or replacement, whichever is deemed necessary by the Company.
- Any damage to, or failure of, or defect in any hired equipment must be notified to the Company within 24 hours of its occurrence, and be confirmed in writing within three days of the occurrence. In the absence of such notification, the Customer will be charged with the full cost of repair or replacement.
- The Customer will be responsible for advising the Company as to the location of the hired equipment during the period of hire and in any change of location.
- No equipment hired from the Company may be taken outside Mainland Britain, either to any offshore island or to any foreign country without the prior written consent of the Company.
- It is an express condition of the hire that the Customer shall not offer for hire to any third party or parties any equipment which is the property of the Company, without the prior written consent of the Company.
- If agreed charges are not paid on the due date then the Company will reserve the right to repossess the hired items and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the Customer as a consequence of any such repossession.
- Throughout the period of hire, the Company reserves the right to repossess the equipment if any of the clauses in this contract are deemed to have been broken. The Customer must provide the Company unrestricted access to all of the equipment within 24 hours of the Company notifying the Customer.
- In the event of any equipment ordered not being available for hire through circumstances beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to substitute equipment of similar quality for all or part of the duration of hire.
- No information or data contained in any of the Company’s catalogues or price lists shall be deemed to constitute any part of a contract of hire, such information being for the purpose of general description only.
- Before issuing any equipment of hire, the Company may require a deposit from the Customer which may be any sum up to the full replacement cost of the equipment hired. Similarly, the Company may, at its discretion, require full payment of the hire charge in advance.
- If further charges arise during the period of hire, for example if the hire period is extended, the Company may at its discretion require immediate payment of these charges by cleared funds.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse an extension to the period of hire once agreed.
- In the case of late payment by the Customer, the Company reserves the right to cancel all discounts.
Terms and Conditions of SALE
1.1. In these Conditions:-
1.1.1. “Buyer” means the person whose order of the Goods is accepted by the Seller.
1.1.2. “Contract” means a contract for the sale of the Goods.
1.1.3. “Goods” means the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts of them) which the Seller is to supply in accordance with these Conditions.
1.1.4. “Seller” means Aurora Multimedia Ltd.
1.2. The headings in these Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- BASIS OF THE SALE
2.1. The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods subject to these Conditions. Any terms or conditions in the Buyer’s order or other documentation of whatsoever kind which are inconsistent with these Conditions shall have no effect.
2.2. No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing between the authorised representatives of the parties.
2.3. The Seller’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Seller in writing. In entering into any Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations which are not so confirmed.
2.4. Any advice or recommendations given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in writing by the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer’s own risk and accordingly the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendations which is not so confirmed.
2.5. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
2.6. All descriptions and specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions used by Aurora Multimedia Ltd are approximate only and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
2.7 Aurora Multimedia Ltd reserves the right to change specifications and/or substitute products for ones of a similar specification without notice.
- ORDERS AND SPECIFICATIONS
3.1. The Buyer shall be responsible to the Seller for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer and for giving the Seller any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable the Seller to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
3.2. The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Buyer’s order (if accepted by the Seller).
3.3. The Seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods without notice which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to the Seller’s specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
3.4. No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in writing, of the Seller and on the terms that the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller .
3.5. If the Goods are to be manufactured or any process is to be applied to the Goods by the Seller in accordance with a specification submitted by the Buyer, the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all loss, damages, costs and expenses awarded against or incurred by the Seller in connection with or paid or agreed to be paid by the Seller in settlement of any claim:
3.5.1. For infringement of any patent, copyright, design, trade mark or other industrial or intellectual property rights of any other person: or
3.5.2. For negligence or under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 which results from the Seller’s use of the Buyer’s specification.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
4.1. The price of the Goods shall be the Seller’s quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price listed in the Seller’s published price list current at the date of acceptance of the order.
4.2. The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation, alteration of duties, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs to manufacture, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer to give the Seller adequate information or instructions).
4.3. Except as otherwise stated under the terms of any quotations or in any price list of the Seller, and unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller, all prices are given by the Seller for delivery of the Goods at the Seller’s premises and where the Seller agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at the Seller’s premises, the Buyer shall be liable to pay the Seller’s charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
4.4. The price and all other sums due from the Buyer to the Seller shall be increased to include VAT at the current rate.
4.5. The Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods on or at any time after delivery or collection of the Goods unless the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
4.6. The Buyer shall pay the Seller’s invoices hereunder within 14 days of the date of invoice. Time shall be of the essence in respect of the payment of all sums due hereunder.
4.7. The Seller reserves the right to charge the Buyer interest at the rate of 8% per annum on all invoices which are not paid in accordance with Condition 4.6 such interest being calculated from a date 30 days after the date of invoice until actual payment compounded quarterly and to be payable as well after as before any judgment obtained in respect thereof.
5.1. Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Buyer collecting the Goods at the Seller’s premises at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or, if some other place for delivery is agreed by the Seller, by the Seller delivering the Goods to that place.
5.2. Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in writing.
5.2.1 Aurora Multimedia’s normal hours of delivery are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Outside these hours additional charges may apply.
5.3.2 Aurora Multimedia reserve the right to recharge additional costs of delivery and collection including, but not restricted to, parking fines, waiting time and toll charges.
5.3. If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give the Seller adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery otherwise than any reason of any cause beyond the Buyer’s reasonable control or by reason of the Seller’s fault then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller may:-
5.3.1. Store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer of the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
5.3.2. sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
- RISK AND PROPERTY
6.1. Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer:-
6.1.1. In the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller’s premises, at the time of delivery when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection; or
6.1.2. In the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller’s premises, at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
6.2. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due.
6.3. Until such times as the property of the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods as the Seller’s fiduciary agent and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Buyer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as the Seller’s property. Until that time the Buyer shall be entitled to resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business, but shall account to the Seller for the proceeds of the sale or otherwise of the Goods, whether tangible or intangible, including insurance proceeds, and shall keep all such proceeds separate from any moneys or property of the Buyer and third parties and, in the case of tangible proceeds, properly stored, protected and insured.
6.4. Until such time as the property of the Goods is passed to the Buyer (and provided the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold), the Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon the premises of the Buyer of any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
6.5. The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Seller) forthwith become due and payable.
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
7.1. The Seller only warrants that the Goods will be free from defects in materials and workmanship to the extent that the Goods carry a manufacturer’s warranty. The Buyer shall be entitled to the benefit of such manufacturer’s warranty insofar as the Seller has the power to transfer it.
7.2. The above warranty is given by the Seller subject to the following conditions:-
7.2.1. The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Buyer;
7.2.2. The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Seller’s approval.
7.3. Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Goods are sold under a consumer sale (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act 1979), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7.4. Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or conditions of the Goods shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to the Seller within 7 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure.
7.5. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller’s negligence, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods of their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
8.1. The Seller shall have the right to terminate a Contract forthwith by giving notice in writing if the Buyer:
8.1.1. Fails to make payment of any sum in accordance with Condition 4; or
8.1.2. Shall commit any other material breach of its obligations hereunder and shall not within 14 days of notice of such breach remedy the same; or
8.1.3. Shall enter into liquidation whether compulsorily or voluntarily otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency or shall compound or make any arrangement with its creditors or shall be the subject of an application for an administration order or shall be subject of any proposal under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for a composition in satisfaction of its debts.
8.2. Any termination of a Contract (howsoever occasioned) shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party.
- FORCE MAJEURE
Although the Seller shall use all reasonable endeavours to discharge its obligations under a Contract in a prompt and efficient manner, it does not accept responsibility for any failure or delay caused by circumstances beyond its control.
- EXPORT TERMS
10.1. Where the Goods are supplied for export from the United Kingdom, the provision of this Condition 10 shall (subject to any terms agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller) apply notwithstanding any other provision of these Conditions.
10.2. The Buyer shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the Goods into the country of destination and for the payment of any duties thereon.
10.3. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller, the Goods shall be delivered at the Seller’s premises and the Seller shall be under no obligation to give notice under section 32(3) of the Sale of Goods act 1979.
10.4. The Buyer shall be responsible for arranging for testing and inspection of the Goods at the Seller’s premises before shipment. The Seller shall have no liability for any claim in respect of any defect in the Goods which would be apparent on inspection and which is made after shipment or in respect of any damage during transit.
10.5. Payment of all amounts due to the Seller shall be made by irrevocable letter of credit opened by the Buyer in favour of the Seller and confirmed by a Bank acceptable to the Seller or, if the Seller has agreed in writing on or before acceptance of the Buyer’s order to waive this requirement, by acceptance by the Buyer and delivery to the Seller of a bill of exchange drawn on the Buyer payable 60 days after sight to the order of the Seller at such branch of a bank as may be specified in the bill of exchange.
11.1. No neglect, delay or indulgence by the Seller in enforcing a Contract shall prejudice the rights of the Seller or be construed as a waiver.
11.2. The Buyer hereby waives all and any future claims and rights of set off against any sums due to the Seller hereunder regardless of any equity, set off or counterclaim on the part of the Buyer against the Seller.
11.3. Any notice hereunder shall be in writing and may be served by sending it by pre-paid first class letter post or delivery (if in the case of a limited company) to the address stated herein, and in any case, to the last known address of the addressee. In proving service of any notice it shall be sufficient to prove in the case of posting that the envelope containing the notice was properly addressed, stamped and posted. Service shall be deemed to be effective at noon of the second business day following the day of posting and any notice delivered to an address by hand shall be deemed to be effective from the date of such delivery.
11.4. The Buyer shall not assign or otherwise transfer all or any part of a Contract without the prior written consent of the Seller.
11.5. The formation, construction and performance of all Contracts shall be governed in all respect by English law. The parties hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.